Crispy Canned Salmon Patties
These easy to make patties can be whipped up with a can of salmon from the pantry and any vegetables or aromatics you happen to have laying around. You could easily change the flavour profile to Greek by adding feta and oregano, or Thai by adding fish sauce, chillies, lime, and garlic. Use this recipe as more of a template for flavourful salmon patties that you can eat as they are, on sandwiches with mayo, lettuce, and tomato as shown above, in wraps or pitas, or on a salad!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time6 min
- Total Time16 min
- Yield2 patties
- Serving Size1 patty
- 1 can sustainably sourced salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley (or other fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, dill, etc), finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch or approx. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch or approx. 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Toasted bread
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Sour cream or yogurt
- Dill sprig
- Slice of lemon
Mix up all of the ingredients except the oil in a medium bowl.
Form 2 patties (or several smaller ones) from the resulting mix using your hands.
Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
Carefully add the patties and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning the heat down to medium if they look like they might burn.
After 3-4 minutes, flip very carefully and cook another 3-4 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
Gently remove the patties from the heat. Enjoy!